As your Councilmember, what is most important is setting priorities for the City and taking action.
West Hollywood’s core values of compassion, caring and community need to be met with the dynamism of our creativity, innovation and energy to address our challenges.
Now more than ever, we must rise up together to address these issues, including:
- Pandemic Relief: West Hollywood needs a common sense and collaborative approach to how we provide relief to our businesses and residents
- Public Safety: West Hollywood needs public safety reform that is responsible, responsive and effective. West Hollywood must return to being a great place to do business as well as a great place to live and work.
- Homelessness: West Hollywood must address this humanitarian crisis with overwhelming compassion, not symbolic measures.
- Housing Affordability: West Hollywood must protect and enhance rent stabilization, build more affordable units and plan for a future around transit-oriented development.
- Mental Health: While West Hollywood is world-renowned for its nightlife and entertainment industries, we must also take responsibility for the unintended consequences they cause and address the mental health crisis with support for recovery, reducing the stigma of mental health and providing services to those in need.
These are but a few of the issues facing West Hollywood today. We are lucky to be one of the few Cities in California in strong fiscal health, and we must use our resources to take care of our people first and foremost. That’s why I am running for City Council.